Why do people unfollow brands on social media? How do you keep your followers engaged?
- December 05, 2022
- Posted By : 360
Growing your brand's social media following is a key component of connecting with your audience and viewers. Posting relevant, engaging content and images are important to gain the audience's interest and build brand reliability. From direct messages to shop buttons to posting links, having a strong, engaged social media following can only benefit you.
So, it is naturally assumed that if your follower count is increasing, it is a good thing for you. But what happens when people start unfollowing you? That’s definitely not a great thing, and you might think that you are doing something wrong and wonder how you can fix it.
Here are some reasons why people unfollow brands on social media:
- The brand page posts too much: Oversaturation is a real issue. People will get irritated if your posts constantly appear on their timelines, especially if the content is irrelevant. Try to maintain a balance of posts every few days.
- The content isn’t engaging: If people have nothing to interact with, they will lose interest and get bored. Ask questions, foster engagement, and make your page worth following and clicking on.
- No variety of content: Users on social media want a balance between heavy, educational, and lighthearted content and funny posts. If you are failing to strike this balance, then you might risk losing your followers.
- Not adding value: Users want to feel like the accounts they follow should add value to their time whenever they open social media. If your brand is not educating or entertaining your followers, you might see a drop in your following.
How to keep followers on social media:
- A step-by-step guide on how to retain followers on social media so that they keep coming back
- Keep a watch on your analytics: You should always keep an eye on your content. Timely review your posts and content to determine what type of content your followers are liking.
- Keep changing your content: If you are looking to retain followers for a long period of time, then you should change your content from time to time. People get bored seeing the same content again and again.
- Provide learning points: As well as having a nice-looking Instagram with funny and entertaining posts, it is important to post useful and meaningful content. Try to educate your followers with your content.
- Post consistently: Posting frequently with meaningful and useful content gets your followers used to see your brand on their timeline. This also helps keep your followers engaged.
- Encourage users to share your content: Try to encourage your users as much as possible to share your content. If they like your content, they will like, share, and repost it.
Digital Media Calendar is one of the best and leading platforms for all your business requirements. For businesses seeking branding services, Digital Media Calendar has verified a list of top branding agencies to help you in your search. We hope that these curated experiences and marketing advice will keep your unfollow rates low while keeping your social media image exciting and interesting.